Kratom Association
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE

TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5262

• Angel7
  • God made it all very good!!
  • Thank you received: 198
ATTENTION TENNESSEE RESIDENTS!!! (ALL of us but TN Residents will especially want to be involved)
FROM K A FACEBOOK;
"Tim Dandar
A new Tennessee Bill has been crossfiled before the House (HB12) and Senate (SB48), which seeks to add "Mitragynine and hydroxymitragynine" to § 39-17-452 of the Tennessee code Annotated.

Senate Bill 48 - www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/108/Bill/SB0048.pdf

House Bill 12 - www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/108/Bill/HB0012.pdf"

OK Folks - lets get to reading the bills, doing homework on WHO would be the appropriate people to contact and start writing professional, informative, polite, educated emails and letters to start an organized defense of our friends in TN.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Angel7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5264

• admin
  • Korthals Reincarnated
  • Thank you received: 158
Email these two Tennessee State Representatives to put a stop to this nonsense!
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

(thanks Tim)

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5284

• uzumaki
  • Leaf Lover
  • Thank you received: 3
Does it help to send a letter or e-mail if you live out of the state?

Also - FYI Tennessee does not allow natropathic medicine in the state. I don't know if this law is still in effect but this is the law as of 2005 -

www.naturowatch.org/licensure/laws.shtml

In Tennessee and in South Carolina, the practice of naturopathy is illegal. Tennessee law, for example, provides that the practice of naturopathy is a Class B misdemeanor, but renders this prohibition inapplicable to "persons who comply with the regulatory laws of the state with respect to the practice of the various healing arts." Without a similar textual qualification, however, a South Carolina statute prohibits the practice of naturopathy and subjects offenders to a fine not to exceed $500 or imprisonment for a period not exceeding one year, or both.

---

I don't know if appealing to the medical aspect of kratom will help to keep it legal since they don't recognise natropathic medicine in general. I don't really know what this means - "persons who comply with the regulatory laws of the state with respect to the practice of the various healing arts." I'm not sure what the regulations are.

Just a thought...

Here's some further info which is more recent -

law.justia.com/codes/tennessee/2010/titl...r-6/part-2/63-6-205/

2010 Tennessee Code
Title 63 - Professions Of The Healing Arts
Chapter 6 - Medicine and Surgery
Part 2 - General Provisions
63-6-205 - Practice of naturopathy. [Amended effective June 30, 2012. See the Compilers Notes.]
More Sharing ServicesShare|
63-6-205. Practice of naturopathy. [Amended effective June 30, 2012. See the Compiler’s Notes.]
(a) It is unlawful for any person to practice naturopathy in this state.
(b) “Naturopathy” means nature cure or health by natural methods and is defined as the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human injuries, ailments and disease by the use of such physical forces, as air, light, water, vibration, heat, electricity, hydrotherapy, psychotherapy, dietetics or massage, and the administration of botanical and biological drugs. (c) [Effective until June 30, 2012. See the Compiler's Notes.]

(1) In no event shall naturopathy mean the sale of herbs or natural health information exchanges provided as a service so long as:

(A) The sale or provision of information exchanges is not conducted for the purpose of the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of any physical ailment or physical injury to or deformity of another;

( b ) In any instance involving natural health information exchanges, the seller obtains a signed acknowledgement from the buyer that the seller is neither a licensed practitioner of the healing arts in this state, nor meets the recognized qualification criteria that would allow the provision of any form of diagnosis, treatment recommendation or medical care in this state. For the purposes of meeting the requirements of this section, the seller shall keep the signed acknowledgement from the buyer on file for a period of three (3) years.

(2) This subsection (c) shall be repealed at midnight, June 30, 2012.
(d) A violation of this section is a Class B misdemeanor.
(e) This section does not apply to persons who comply with the regulatory laws of the state with respect to the practice of the various healing arts.
[Acts 1947, ch. 2, §§ 1, 2; mod. C. Supp. 1950, § 6940.1 (Williams, § 7025.4); T.C.A. (orig. ed.), § 63-609; Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 112; 2009, ch. 416, § 1.]
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Tennessee may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.

----

Given this environment - might as well say it's for recreational purposes - like a shot of whiskey... :evil:
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by uzumaki.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5289

• foxy
  • Kratom Fan
  • Thank you received: 1
The second link is down... I searched variants of Kraton/7-HOM/etc. and found nothing still.

Just talked to my grandpa (retired teacher, air-force pilot, diplomat, and other things/currently a land developer... coolest dude I've ever met, and I'm lucky enough to be his descendant, not just know him), and asked if he could help me get the ear of anyone (i've shot at the Mt. Juliet (satellite city around Nashville) police out-door range. got to shoot a police-issue AR-15.. all because my grandfather developed a lot of land and so the city manager was showing appreciation... tangent, sorry)... I know he has connections politically (without being a pesky WASP, he's so awesome). Well, he does know Sen. Mae Beavers... but does not feel comfortable getting me in touch with her. As he said, "This is the Bible-Belt son... We were the last to repeal alcohol prohibition, and will be the last to repeal marijuana prohibition." His opinion (which I respect, & he thinks "The War on Drugs: The Civil War Part 2" is the dumbest thing there is... and he has never done any psychoactive chemical but nicotine and alcohol), is that we are wasting our time. We are in the middle of the Bible-Belt... *sigh*. And, he knows that BigPharma (the object of both great affection and horrid disdain for me) is likely behind it. I honestly want to still go down there... hand out a glossary, give a speech discussing the chemical structure of Kratom, its pharmacology, its historical use, its safety, the conspiracy to eliminate it by BigPharma & rehabs (rehabs are bigger scumbags than BigPharma... money making machines that let free AA/NA do the job you pay them tens-of-thousands of dollars to do... at least Roxanne Pharma gives me a pill that makes me feel good in return for my money). I want to finish my presentation with the "Bush & a Kratom Tree" picture. I have no idea how to get the right to speak... or when the vote will be... I also have no car. Anyone want to work on this with me?.. shoot me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can link up. I only have an Associates Degree in Horticulture... but I can go toe to toe with any medical professional if not run circles around them. I will make these pig politicians go home feeling like they should take the short bus if nothing else.

As well... how many days until Kratom hits the TN black-market hard if it is banned? The passage of the law will guarantee that at least 50% of minors will "have to try that new $h*7!!!" I hate TN... you're either in a nest of WASPs or in the middle of nowhere. Bleh.

People around Nashville... Wanna pool funds and make a large order before the bill passes? Again, hit me up.

Peace,
~f.xy

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5290

• cjblckwl
  • Kratom Fan
  • Thank you received: 12
Please help us.
I live in TN and this would be a terrible thing.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5291

• cjblckwl
  • Kratom Fan
I have already written the two reps.
Please do the same, even if you don't live in TN.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5350

• Silvyius
  • Kratom Warrior
  • Thank you received: 55
Ok guys! here is my message to the two representatives of the state of Tennessee:

"Good morning

Forgive me for my intrusion in your e-mail, and above for my English: I'm Silvano, from KA Kratom Association. Honorable representative of the U.S. State of Tennessee, we are very concerned about a possible bill against on the two active ingredients of Kratom (Mitragyna Speciosa). In fact, we would like to inform you that outlaw the active Mitraginine and 7-Hydroxymitraginine, - whom we love you specify, they are not in any way or synthetic cannabinoids and even derivatives of Cannabis Indica, this primary distinction is a must - is to make the first step to outlaw a plant, Mitragyna speciosa in fact, that in recent years is also helping many people in your Country to regain good health. Unfortunately, you are well aware, the following point: make it illegal this plant would only be sentenced to severe discomfort wise people, law abiding citizens, while criminals would continue to illegally use this plant.
We trust in your wisdom you and wish you a good job anyway.

Silvano

I also would like to invite you on our website to learn more about our civic engagement around the world:

kratomassociation.org/ "

It's ok for you?

Silvyius

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5353

• cjblckwl
  • Kratom Fan
I heard back from Tony Shipley.
He thanks me for my comments and said that he will forward the information to the TBI??? (Tennessee Bureau of Investigation)

He wants my address and phone number to be able to contact me.

This answer seems a little odd to me. Why would the TBI be involved?
I don't mind providing my information but I don't want to be under "investigation".

Am I just being paranoid?

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5354

• uzumaki
  • Leaf Lover
If you look at Rep. Shipley's website - you will see that the bill has passed & is supposed to go into effect in 14 days (from last Wednesday). It's too late.

They probably want your info so they can track you. I would be very cautious about this!

tonyshipleytn.com/index.php/component/k2...m/42-synthetic-drugs

Rep. Shipley fought for our right to live in a drug free environment!

Senate approves synthetic drug bills

State Rep. Tony Shipley expects Gov. Bill Haslam to sign the bills immediately, with the legislation going into effect in 14 days.
By HANK HAYES

Two final legislative pieces creating new felony offenses for synthetic drug sellers, makers and distributors unanimously passed in the Tennessee Senate We d n e s d a y.

The state Senate conformed to House-passed versions of the synthetic drug bills sponsored by state Reps. Tony Shipley, R-Kingsport, and Jon Lundberg, R-Bristol.

Shipley said he expected Gov. Bill Haslam to sign the bills immediately, with the legislation going into effect in 14 days.

A ceremonial signing of the bills by Haslam, Shipley added, is expected to be held in the Kingsport area within the next 10 days.

“(Haslam’s) preference is to do it in a high school,” Shipley said of the ceremonial bill signings.

Their similar bills addressed synthetic drugs like “K-2” and “bath salts” sold in local head shops and convenience stores.

While creating jail time and new fines, both bills also declared businesses selling synthetic drugs to be a public nuisance.

K-2 is a synthetic cannabinoid with a chemically engineered substance similar to the active ingredient in marijuana. Bath salts have an effect similar to amphetamines like ecstasy and cocaine.

Lundberg’s bill outlaws synthetic drugs as an “imitation controlled substance,” while Shipley’s bill defines them as a “controlled substance analogue” having an effect on the central nervous system like a controlled substance.

Shipley’s bill also creates a new misdemeanor offense for possessing synthetic drugs, while Lundberg’s legislation calls for synthetic drug intoxication to be a misdem e a n o r.

Please see SENATE, PA G E 2A State Sen. Mike Faulk, R-Church Hill, called Lundberg’s bill “the twin sister” to Shipley’s legislation.

“The (synthetic drug) problem was rampant in the state of Virginia. ... When they passed this law (synthetic drug sellers) moved across the line into Northeast Tennessee, and that’s why it has become such a plague on Northeast Tennessee...” said Faulk, who sponsored Lundberg’s bill in the state Senate.

“This bill alone will dry up some of the vendors who have been marketing this stuff that are literally filling emergency rooms in Northeast Tennessee on a nightly basis with folks having adverse reactions to these bath salts.”

A third bill recently passed in both the House and Senate by state Rep. Ryan Williams, R-Cookeville, will add new chemical compounds into the state’s current misdemeanor synthetic drug law.

Williams’ bill has also been transmitted to Haslam for his signature.

Haslam’s proposed budget for the coming fiscal year includes funding for incarceration and other expenses in both Shipley’s and Lundberg’s bills.

For more information go to www.capitol.tn.gov  . Shipley’s bill is HB 3175. Lundberg’s bill is HB 2286. Williams’ bill is HB 2645.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5355

• Angel7
The Tenn website says it was referred to Senate Judiciary Committee on 1/30 so either his webpage is premature OR they have not updated the Tenn website
YES - given his response I think caution is advisable.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5356

• OtherWorld
  • Kratom Fan
  • Protect all that you cherish.
  • Thank you received: 2
I've already replied to Shipley's message with my contact information. I had hoped there were things that I could contribute to help inform them on the decision they might make. I guess they're just going to see if I'm selling products illegally in their state now. This is such a shame and a waste of freedom when legislators are employed to make decisions that should help the state in which they are employed. If I receive any more emails, I'll post them here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: blueyodeler

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5357

• blueyodeler
  • Kratom Curious
  • Thank you received: 5
I wrote a letter. I couldn't, in good conscience, let this go. It may be too late to prevent the bill from passing, and an uphill battle, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be vocal.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5358

• uzumaki
  • Leaf Lover
I'm not sure how the law works with these things. It seems like a done deal. It's not good that the senator refered you to the TBI.

I would assume that anything said here on this forum is being watched. I don't know the answer or how to deal with this situation. I'm just glad it's still legal in my state.

This leaves me with a very creepy feeling. Just the tone of the whole thing is ominous...

Monitoring low level so-called "drug" offenses is a good way to rake in bucks busting low level offenders while avoiding the truely dangerous criminals. I would be very careful in TN. Kratom is not a synthetic drug substitute. It wouldn't matter (in regards to holistic medicinal use of kratom) in any case since natropathic medicine is not legal in TN, either.

There are things I love about this country & the south since I did spend time there - but I would move out of TN. Since kratom is being linked with bath salts & legal highs - I don't see that it's going to be legal for very long.

Whether to try to fight it - I don't know. It's very chilling that someone with a legitimate concern was refered to the TBI... Rather snarky.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5364

• blueyodeler
  • Kratom Curious
  • Thank you received: 5
I'm not that concerned, personally, which may be a bit naive. I've been a law-abiding, tax-paying citizen for my entire life. One hopes there would be more interesting people to pursue. There was that parking ticket I got when I was eighteen...

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5365

• BConno2
  • Kratom Curious
I received the same email. Should I be alarmed? I do not live in Tennessee.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5367

• Angel7
OK Friends! I dont think The Shipley website is talking about the current bills . The bill #'s at the bottom are not the current bills in Legislature. ALSO - the Tenn Legis website shows the bill we ARE concerned about as going to the Judiciary Committee last Week. We need to send our concerned, informative emails to THEM NOT SHIPLEY. Perhaps someone on that committee will understand that Kraom alkaloids are NOT SYTHETIC drugs and that they are trying to ban a helpful leaf. Obviously Shipley is too ignorant to understand the difference between an Herb and a synthetic chemical/drug AND he has a very closed mind as evidenced by his offices replys to our emails.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5368

• cjblckwl
  • Kratom Fan
I think this may be the website with contacts.

www.capitol.tn.gov/senate/committees/judiciary.html

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5369

• cjblckwl
  • Kratom Fan
I have written each of them.
Please everyone, do the same!!

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5371

• uzumaki
  • Leaf Lover
I went to the TN gov website to look for the bills -

re: For more information go to www.capitol.tn.gov  . Shipley’s bill is HB 3175. Lundberg’s bill is HB 2286. Williams’ bill is HB 2645.

and I couldn't find them. Th website said that they didn't exist???

Maybe I was looking for them incorrectly?

I guess the things is - we all would like to stay away from doing anything illegal. It hasn't really stopped people from smoking pot or doing a number of other drugs (or going to prostitutes, etc.). Prohibition does not work. It just causes some people to get rich due to legal fees, court fees & people selling the stuff for more money than it should be sold because of legal status - whether it's alcohol or something else... It does ot stop people from taking it or doing it. Maybe it makes some people want to do it more...?

Good luck with trying to get them to take kratom off of their list... I don't think it's going to happen in TN.

Re: TENNESSEE HAS NEW PROPOSED LEGISLATION TO OUTLAW MITRGYNINE AND HYDROXYMITRAGYNINE 1 year 6 months ago #5372

• Angel7
Those r not the correct bill #s see my post below. 0012 is thecorrect #
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

what does propecia look like | http://www.kratomassociation.org/forum?view=topic&catid=2&id=11413 | us secured loans people bad credit