Kratom Association
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: U.S Customs Seizure

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3922

• KratomWellness
  • Thank you received: 43
I haven't had a lot of time to post online lately but I have been reading and I must say that I do like what I'm seeing on this thread. James is right that this is something he and I tossed around a bit but weren't able to actualize it in any way. Let's keep up this discussion. Please PM me as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jameswt

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3927

• Jameswt
  • Kratom Warrior
  • Thank you received: 48
The hard part is that this is an international association and so much of these problems are American problems. I still have not been able to think of any ideas as to how this problem can be overcome. Not that it is that big of a deal.

If the owners/operators of the KA were in the US it would be a little different but since they are not it falls to us to organize American efforts help with American issues. They have said in the past that if it does not involve them then they would rather let us discuss it among ourselves. And then you have some people who will not do anything unless the big wigs tell them too, even though this is the opposite of what is wanted of them.

We have to learn how to take initiative better. And at the same time to work as a team utilizing each others strengths. We cannot sit around planning about how to plan. We must form a plan fix the plan and then DO the plan.
Want Not

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3928

• SJ
  • Kratom Curious
Jameswt: Saying that this is an American problem is totally missing the boat. When it comes to "drug" laws, as goes the US, so goes the rest of the modern world. Not to mention, if the US bans it, or makes it impossible to import, can you imagine the loss in business to the importers since all kratom in the US comes from overseas? It would be huge. So yes, this IS an international problem...at least for the vendors.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by SJ.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3930

• Jameswt
  • Kratom Warrior
You are right I totally agree. I am just repeating what was said to me publicly in the past when I asked for advice or assistance while trying to press these issues. I was told that it is something going on here and that they were reading the posts but the reason why they were not involved is because there was nothing they could really do.
Want Not
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Jameswt.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3932

• kratomfriend
  • Kratom Curious
  • Thank you received: 1
Does anyone have any experience with petitions here? I think that would be a good start. Just my opinion though ..

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3936

Keepkratomlegal.com has a petition already going (maybe slightly different spelling for the website address but you can find it off google) and it hasnt gotten many signatures. Please spread it around!

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3937

• kratomfriend
  • Kratom Curious
I was talking to the retailer that I buy kratom from and he tells me that fda is calling kratom an unapproved drug and this is why they are holding some shipments.

I was wondering if you guys think this has to do with the fda ruling on herbal supplements

I found this website for you americans to sign a petition to keep the fda out of our herbal supplement choices.

secure3.convio.net/aahf/site/Advocacy?cm...ge=UserAction&id=833

Here is the website for information relating to the above petition
www.anh-usa.org/main-menu/anh-campaigns/
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by kratomfriend. Reason: fixing links
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jameswt

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3938

• Jameswt
  • Kratom Warrior
I signed the above petition. It sends the petition to the president, congress, AND THE SIGNERS LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE! very very nice. well done.

Here is the other one keepkratomlegal.org/petition
Want Not

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3943

• kratomfriend
  • Kratom Curious
“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.”- Thomas Jefferson

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3944

Hi kratomfriend,
Yes it very well could have to do with codex alimentarius, pertaining to supplements. That way we all get stuck with synthetic, unhealthy and pharma-profitable pills and GMO products that they can patent and control.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3981

Hi, yes since my initial posting I received a letter (and 4 additional pages) about a week ago from customs and border protection stating they seized my order. It says I have 30 days from the date of the letter to petition and I have been trying to aquire information on how to proceed to retrieve my stolen legal purchase. If you or anyone else has any advice on how successfully petition please let me know. Thank you.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3982

• Angel7
  • God made it all very good!!
  • Thank you received: 198
This is a great petition! We need to send it around as much as possible and you folks reading these posts - PLEASE - take the few minutes it takes and get on this and sign and send the letter. It is well written and explains things well. This DEFINATELY effects our kratom since FDA is trying to use NDI as a reason to keep it out of the country.
An excellent tool in our battle!

Per previous post by Kratomfriend;
I found this website for you americans to sign a petition to keep the fda out of our herbal supplement choices.

secure3.convio.net/aahf/site/Advocacy?cm...serAction&id=833

Here is the website for information relating to the above petition
www.anh-usa.org/main-menu/anh-campaigns/
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Angel7.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3985

• snaggletooth
  • Kratom Warrior
  • Belief is no substitute for knowledge
  • Thank you received: 212
Pretty ironic that many fought hard to get kratom called a medicine rather than a recreational drug, now it seems this has back-fired with the FDA apparently seizing it now due to its lauded medicinal benefits. Maybe we should call it a drug now... they werent seizing it for that lol. :S
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3987

• Robert
  • Leaf Lover
  • Thank you received: 14
I'd like to add these links to my website but the first one I can't get to open and the second one doesn't mention where the petition is going to? Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3988

• Jameswt
  • Kratom Warrior
which links?
Want Not

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3991

• Angel7
  • God made it all very good!!
  • Thank you received: 198
Sorry about that. Here is the address of the petition
secure3.convio.net/aahf/site/Advocacy?cm...ge=UserAction&id=833
Copy and paste it if link doesnt work.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #3999

Hi Florida,
Yes I agree with you. We all use kratom for our own reasons and they are hitting it hard. I have been asking others for over a week now what to do to petition customs in s.f. so I can retrieve my seized kratom but to no avail as of yet. I guess until it happens to them personally they aren't terribly concerned. In actuality it affects ALL of us when it affects one of us but I guess I will have to petition them on my own as best I can and hope for the best. I sincerely hope no one else gets their kratom seized like I did, it has now been since the end of august since I have tried to get more, to no avail. Best of luck!

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #4000

My name and address

Reference: Port of San Francisco Seizure Case No. 2012xxxxxxxxx

Dear Will xxxxxxxxx

On September 21, 2012, U.S. Customs and Border Protection seized approximately 2700 grams of Kratom (domestic value $270) shipped to you from Indonesia. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has deemed that there is inadequate information to provide reasonable assurances that this product does not present a significant or unreasonable risk of illness or injury. Accordingly, this product is subject to seizure under Title 19, United States Code, Section 1595a(c)(2)(A) (importation contrary to law) for violation of 21 U.S.C. 381 and 21 U.S.C. 350(b). In accordance with the cited statutes, the seized property is now subject to forfeiture to the U.S. Government.

As explained in the enclosed "Form AF," you have the right to petition for the remission of or mitigation of the forfeiture. (bold)Although you have such right, no relief may be granted unless you provide written proof of FDA approval prior to this importation. The petition must be signed, filed in duplicate, and forwarded to this office within 30 days from the date of this notice. (BOLD, CAPS) THIS IS THE ONLY NOTICE YOU WILL RECEIVE IN THIS MATTER. If you fail to petition within the allotted time, we will commence a summary forfeiture action against the seized property by bulletin board posting at the Port of San Francisco Customhouse located at 555 Battery St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, California 94111.

Please read carefully the enclosed "Notice of Seizure and Information for Claimants" including the "Election of Proceedings" form (bold) to be completed by you and returned to this office. All correspondence must include the above-referenced seizure number and addressed to: Customs and Border Protection, 555 Battery Street, San Francisco, California 94111, Attn:FP&F. If you have any questions, please contact Carol Williams of the Fines, Penalties, and Forfeitures Office at (415) 782-9255

Sincerely,

Russell Holsopple

Fines, Penalties, and Forfeitures Officer

Enclosure

(4) additional pages of legalese and codes

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #4001

• Ray Dolor
  • Mitragyna Master
  • Thank you received: 84
will4legalkratom wrote:
My name and address

Reference: Port of San Francisco Seizure Case No. 2012xxxxxxxxx

Dear Will xxxxxxxxx

On September 21, 2012, U.S. Customs and Border Protection seized approximately 2700 grams of Kratom (domestic value $270) shipped to you from Indonesia. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has deemed that there is inadequate information to provide reasonable assurances that this product does not present a significant or unreasonable risk of illness or injury. Accordingly, this product is subject to seizure under Title 19, United States Code, Section 1595a(c)(2)(A) (importation contrary to law) for violation of 21 U.S.C. 381 and 21 U.S.C. 350(b). In accordance with the cited statutes, the seized property is now subject to forfeiture to the U.S. Government.

As explained in the enclosed "Form AF," you have the right to petition for the remission of or mitigation of the forfeiture. (bold)Although you have such right, no relief may be granted unless you provide written proof of FDA approval prior to this importation. The petition must be signed, filed in duplicate, and forwarded to this office within 30 days from the date of this notice. (BOLD, CAPS) THIS IS THE ONLY NOTICE YOU WILL RECEIVE IN THIS MATTER. If you fail to petition within the allotted time, we will commence a summary forfeiture action against the seized property by bulletin board posting at the Port of San Francisco Customhouse located at 555 Battery St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, California 94111.

Please read carefully the enclosed "Notice of Seizure and Information for Claimants" including the "Election of Proceedings" form (bold) to be completed by you and returned to this office. All correspondence must include the above-referenced seizure number and addressed to: Customs and Border Protection, 555 Battery Street, San Francisco, California 94111, Attn:FP&F. If you have any questions, please contact Carol Williams of the Fines, Penalties, and Forfeitures Office at (415) 782-9255

Sincerely,

Russell Holsopple

Fines, Penalties, and Forfeitures Officer

Enclosure

(4) additional pages of legalese and codes

That's totally 'effed up, Will. What occurs to me immediately upon reading that is that there is no evidence at all, let alone 'sufficient' evidence, to support a claim that kratom leaves pose a health hazard of any kind.

I think there is likely far more evidence that commonly marketed herbs like St. John's Wort and Silymarin, licorice root, ginseng, etc. can be potentially harmful than there is against kratom.

IMO, what has likely got them stirred up has been the head-shop kratom phenomenon, or potentially some corporate interest in kratom alkaloids for pharmaceutical production.

No matter how it's sliced, this position really stinks, and it WILL affect us all if it continues.
You can call me Ray.

Re: U.S Customs Seizure 2 years 2 months ago #4002

Hi Ray,
Yes it is messed up. I have received different advice, such as: do NOT contact customs, get a customs broker, hire a lawyer. My 30 days started on October 4th and my purposes for posting this is to inform others so they can be aware, and to get advice so I can simply receive my order, which I initiated at the end of August. It's now been almost a month and a half and I don't have much more time to act to "resolve" this situation. From what I have gathered this is mostly a West Coast (S.F.) issue but it also seems to me to be setting a precedent which will eventually encompass all ports throughout this "free" country, which will affect EVERYONE. I have read a few others on here who have received letters but I don't know what theirs said nor the outcomes. I hope this made sense.
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds