Intro

Sex continues to be fault the life span ever since Semenax Semenax volume enhancer the day time Adam observed the apple company company. Dude may VolumePills Volume Pills be striving to attain an improved efficiency Vigrx review ingredients VigRX

Kratom Association
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
All about kratom goes here, its responsible usage, its effects, benefits etc. Please do not post vendor talk and other promotional things and do keep it constructive.

TOPIC: Stomach Issues

Stomach Issues 1 year 9 months ago #2976

• Mel
  • Kratom Curious
Hi,

I am a fairly new user of Kratom (about three months). I suffer from DDD and arthritis through the bottom half of my spine. I am completely off my all pain meds that I have been on for over ten years. I am feeling better than I have in ten years. I am not tired and sluggish and my pain is actually being helped and not just covered up (I could always still feel it with the medications). My question is about my stomach. I have been having some severe stomach problems. They thought my gallbladder and it is not so they are going to be doing a scope. My doctor knows I am using Kratom for my pain and she is very supportive (she is monitoring my liver and such) and she has not mentioned this could be making my stomach worse. Is this possible? I am trying to learn as much as I can, but not sure what sources to trust. If anyone has any experience or knowledge in this area it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 9 months ago #2977

• snaggletooth
  • Kratom Warrior
  • Belief is no substitute for knowledge
  • Thank you received: 209
Sorry to hear all your troubles Mel. I hope things get better for you. Its hard to say if kratom is giving you stomach problems. In the long term i strongly believe it doesnt but taking too much, even for a veteran lol, can cause you to get a bit green around the gills. It also may cause a little bit of stomach gurgling 15-30mins after taking it but this passes quickly. I have given it to a few friends and most thought it was great, but a few actually hurled on just a few grams. The other issue is that kratom will constipate you if youre not careful. It was traditionally used to treat diahorrea so this therefore seems obvious. If you have this problem take 2-3 stool softeners a day, you can get these very cheaply in drugstores or even on Ebay. I wouldnt get into laxatives as they mess with your guts. To sum up then, its probably down to the person. Make sure you are getting some fruit in your diet to keep things moving and plenty of liquids (dont take a lot of caffiene when using kratom, they dont mix well, it will make you a bit jittery). I hope its all a passing stage and you get better soon.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 9 months ago #2978

• Mel
  • Kratom Curious
Thanks for your quick response! I had read that it is beneficial with crohn's disease and other digestive problems so this is what I was thinking. I have what they thought was IBS (20 years ago), but now they are thinking something else (the kratom is actually making me regular). I am very careful with my diet because of my stomach/bowel and wanted some reassurance this was helping. This morning I held off taking my kratom to see if my stomach felt better, it did not feel better until I took it in the afternoon. I am positive things will get better the longer I am using kratom instead of pain medication and others. I think my body is just adjusting to not taking the pain medications. I sure hope the studies on humans start soon, but we would need a very interested chemist (I know one working on his masters - I will talk to him about this)!

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 9 months ago #2984

• Angel7
  • God made it all very good!!
  • Thank you received: 198
In my experience it helped stomach problems! But, as ST said - everyones a little different.
My nephew had his appendix rupture and then had 3 more surgeries due to adhesians and other related problems. He had lost his job due to hospitalization and unable to stay at work even half a day etc... It got really bad. He was told he would need another surgery because his lower intestinal track area was not working right and was scheduled for that surgery the following week. He started on kratom and within a week was back on top of his life. No more surgery!! Got his life back and is now doing fantastic. Kratom helped his stomach AND the intestinals work better. He takes it only very occasionally now too - by the way.

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 9 months ago #2986

• Mel
  • Kratom Curious
The last couple of days are improving, so I think this is great. It was just my stomach issues and not the Kratom. I will keep a close eye on it with the doctor, but things are looking and feeling great. I also cut down the amount of Kratom I was taking so this is also good. I had a very busy day (getting ready to move) the other day and by the end of it my arthritis was so bad I could hardly move, but the Kratom helped so much and I felt like a new person. I would have been rendered useless for a few days otherwise! I will post any good/bad information I find out after my scope involving my Kratom use. I can be a bit of a test subject. I am sure it will be positive. Especially now that I am feeling so much better - it really is helping with all my ailments!!! I am quite sure my source is very good source for Canadians also! I was quite careful when choosing a store/vendor.

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 8 months ago #3011

• MaxWebXperienZ
  • Kratom Curious
  • Thank you received: 1
A better way to deal with constipation is to make your gut healthier. Feed your probiotics by taking some FructoOligoSaccharides, available from health food stores or Amazon. For severe cases Psyllium Husk Fiber is said to be more appropriate but in my experienz the FOS will cure the problem overnight. If you think you might be short on the probiotics [appendix removed, serious diarrhea, taking antibiotics] then reintroduce them to your gut [yogurt, trip to the health food store] along with the FOS.

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 8 months ago #3012

• Mel
  • Kratom Curious
I am not sure if this was intended for me, but I don't deal with any constipation. I have no appendix and completely allergic to all milk products (so yogurt would kill me). My Naturopath and I deal with all my stomach issues on a very natural level with no processed items. As a nutritionist I agree with the use of probiotics, but they are not for everyone and can make some people very sick (always best to try and stay away from generalizations we have heard). Digestive Enzymes are a much better way to go if you are generalizing.

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 8 months ago #3021

kratom for me can cause some stomach issues, it is dose and diet dependant. generally the only issues i have ever had were indegestion, usually solved rapidly with a otc acid reducer.. pepto never seemed to work. hope that helps (;

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 8 months ago #3025

• admin
  • Korthals Reincarnated
  • Thank you received: 156
Constipation is one of the side effects that has been reported rather frequently among kratom users. There are several ways some folks deal with this, often with simple solutions like a breakfast with grapes or bananas.

Having a supportive doctor is a big plus, I would recommend having him look into the side-effects of kratom usage and to make sure that co-administration the prescription medicine doesn't cause any complications.

Also lets not forget that kratom has de-hydration effects, so do take lots of water while using kratom, this can help to overcome some of the stomach issues.

but above all, it should be clear that we cannot give any medical advice or guidance on this website. Despite the fact that most of us are clearly benefiting from the herb for various ailments, we are not certified to give any guidance of course. So please check with you doctor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angel7

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 8 months ago #3037

• KratomWellness
  • Thank you received: 43
For stomach issues related to kratom use I have heard from others that Sprite or 7-up has worked wonders for them. Once they start burbing out the gases everything seems to calm down quite quickly. Again, not medical advice, just what I've heard.

Re: Stomach Issues 1 year 8 months ago #3040

• MaxWebXperienZ
  • Kratom Curious
  • Thank you received: 1
Kratom is of the coffee family. I've found that powdered leaf goes great with coffee, cream, honey, and stevia. It never bothers my stomach any more than the coffee would by itself.
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds